Yarrawonga Health provides a 21 bed Acute Service supported by a range of services provided by multi-disciplinary teams of clinicians including Specialist medical staff, Registrars, Residents, Interns, Registered Nurses, Midwives, Allied Health and Support staff.
Yarrawonga Health is an accredited training facility supporting medical, nursing and allied health training.
- Urgent Care
- Elective Surgery inlcuding Orthopaedics, General Surgery and Medical procedures.
- General Medicine
- Sub-Acute services including Rehabilitation Medicine
- Community/District Nursing
Transition Care Program
The Transition Care Program provides short-term support and management for older people, after a stay in hospital. Participants are provided with a care package of services as part of an ongoing but slower recovery process, while options for their longer term care arrangements are considered.
- supports older people who require more time and support to heal and to improve their health outside the hospital
- allows older people to return home rather than enter residential care
- provides case management and after hours contact in the case of emergency
- gives older people time to finalise their long-term care arrangements.
What is the transition care program?
The transition care program is suitable for older people at the end of their hospital stay. The program includes:
- short-term support – up to 12 weeks
- active management of care by staff
- goal-oriented, therapy-focused care.
Phone: 03 57438132
Acute Service Unit