Applications for the 2021 Graduate Nurse positions will be open from Monday 13th July and will close Wednesday 5th August
Double Degree Nursing / Midwifery
Yarrawonga Health offers first year registered nurses a unique and exciting program designed to expose them to a diverse range of clinical experiences. We aim to ensure our graduates are able to effectively manage the responsibilities and routine contingencies of clinical nursing in a safe, timely and professional manner.
Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program
Yarrawonga Health Graduate Nurse Program participates in the Central Hume Graduate Nurse Program (CHGNP) in collaboration with Benalla Health, Northeast Health Wangaratta, Mansfield District Hospital, Tallangatta Health and Cooinda Village.
The CHGNP offers an ongoing professional development program aimed at assisting early graduates to transition to the workplace with regular professional development days targeting the core goals of the program and where all CHGNP graduates meet as a group.
Before you begin the graduate nurse program, you will be given the opportunity to participate in a pre-employment workshop. This workshop offers you the:
- chance to meet other new graduates
- opportunity to meet the education team
- opportunity to gain valuable insight into the year ahead of you
The Yarrawonga Health Graduate Nurse Program for Nursing and for Double Degree Nursing/Midwifery includes a number of rotations with the option to rotate to another health service for approved applicants, where you may spend 3-6 months of your Graduate year in another hospital, further expanding the diverse range of experiences and skills you will receive. Refer to the YH 2021 Graduate Nurse Program Information Booklet for more information.
Yarrawonga Health supports further education including postgraduate studies. The Yarrawonga Health 2nd Graduate year program offers the First Line Emergency Care Course (FLEC), a Triage Workshop and Clinical Supervision Introductory training. After your 2nd Graduate year at Yarrawonga Health, post graduate opportunities are offered such as Acute Care Nursing, Midwifery, Peri-Operative Nursing, Gerontology or any identified by the learner.
Evaluation of our graduate and 2nd year program shows that 24% of our RN workforce were previous YH Graduates.
Applying for a Graduate Nurse Position
To apply for a Graduate Nurse position at Yarrawonga Health, graduates must be eligible and meet the essential criteria for Allocation and Placement Service (APS) Website https://allocations.pmcv.com.au/
Intake dates from January 2021
Double Degree Nursing/Midwifery
Intake dates from January 2021
- Letter of application
- Completed Graduate Program Application Form
- CV, including placement history. 2 health professional/clinical referees i.e. Clinical placement facilitator; Manager from current healthcare related workplace (if relevant)- please include workplace email addresses, will be entered onto the Allocation and Placement Service (APS) Website as part of your application.
- Copy of most recent academic transcript with results legend
- Passport sized colour photograph
- Two most recent Acute full clinical placement reports- that must be inclusive of interim and final reports & may include 2nd or 3rd year reports- Please note, Aged Care, Mental Health and Community placement reports will not be accepted.
Successful applicants will be asked to provide Yarrawonga Health with:
- Current Police Check
- Working with Children's Check
- Immunisation record
- Certified Academic Transcript with results legend
In accordance with the Information Privacy Act 2001 and the Information Privacy Principles, all recruitment and selection information notes remain the property of Yarrawonga Health and cannot be accessed by applicants.
Part-time 0.8 FTE positions offered.
Individual and group interviews will be conducted for all positions.
We welcome calls to organise an appointment for a tour and information session.
Graduate program Zoom presentation 11 June 2020 4-5pm – please email YHEducation@yh.org.au for more information.
Address letters to: Debbie Gleeson, Deputy Director of Nursing, Education Manager
Submit applications: via post to People and Culture Manager, Yarrawonga Health, 33 Piper St, Yarrawonga 3730
Closing date for applications: Wednesday 5th August 2020
For further information contact: Leanne Tanner, Clinical Support Nurse, (03)57438166
Debbie Gleeson – Deputy Director of Nursing