The Yarrawonga Health Urgent Care provides a “walk-in” service for patients with urgent but not life threatening medical conditions.
For an emergency dial 000
The Urgent Care Centre is supported by the Duty Medical Officer who are onsite from 8am -8pm and on call from 8pm - 8am. All patients who present to the service are triaged according to the Australasian Triage Scale and seen in order of medical priority.
- Our Urgent Care Centre is able to treat patients for a range of medical conditions and is staffed by experienced Registered Nurses or Advanced Practice Nurses.
- Upon arrival to the Urgent Care Centre you will be seen by a nurse who will determine your medical needs.
- Between the hours of 8pm - 8am Yarrawonga Health Utilise My Emergency Doctor, a video health service that connects patients to a specialist emergency doctor on duty who will assess you and make a diagnosis and establish a plan of care with the attending nurse.
- If you require further treatment, a transfer and possible admission will be arranged with a nearby regional health service.
- If you require transfer to another hospital via ambulance you will be charged by Ambulance Victoria.
- Clients utilizing the Urgent Care Centre are assessed by nursing staff and are triaged according to the severity of their presenting problem with the most urgent cases always attended to first.