Allawah Memory Support unit is a 26 bed RACF (Residential Aged Care Facility) that provides care specialist accommodation those living with dementia and memory impairment.
- We celebrate the uniqueness of individuals and their contributions to the diversity of Allawah. Residents are supported to be independent by enabling their choices & focusing on their strengths and abilities.
- In line with current best practice care for people living with dementia, Allawah provides dementia-specific care that is flexible and meets individual resident needs. Due to the many different types of cognitive impairments and the ever-changing nature of these conditions as they progress, we recognise that every individual, their history, current circumstances and relationships are unique, and we understand that a “one size fits all’ set of care practices is not always appropriate.
We are committed to providing a safe, respectful and compassionate environment to enhance the well-being of all members of the Allawah Community.
All our relationships within the Allawah community are based on INTEGRITY – COMPASSION – RESPECT - TEAMWORK & EXCELLENCE.
- Our model of Care is based on the 12 Montessori principles
- Permanent Residential Accommodation
- Respite Residential Accommodation
- All Private Single Rooms with own Private ensuite
- 24 Hour Nursing Care
- Medical and Allied Health Professionals
- Pastoral Care
- Hairdressing Salon on site *additional cost
- Laundry on site
- Daily Social and Recreational activities
- One-on-one individualised support
- Community related activities
- Safe and secure Gardens and Courtyards
Keira Brookes – Nurse Unit manager
Nurses Station +61 (03) 57438191
NUM Office +61 (03) 57438143
ALZHEIMERS AUSTRALIA - https://www.fightdementia.org.au
DEMENTIA SUPPORT AUSTRALIA - https://www.dementia.com.au
DEPATMENT OF HEALTH - http://www.health.gov.au
AUSTRALIAN AGEING AGENDA - https://australianageingagenda.com.au
DEMENTIA CENTRE FOR RESEARCH COLLABORATION - http://www.dementia.unsw.edu.au
DEMENTIA TRAINING AUSTRALIA - https://www.dta.com.au
AUSTRALIAN JOURNAL OF DEMENTIA CARE - http://journalofdementiacare.com