Yarrawonga Health is a place where you can:
- Choose to shape the current and future health services of your community.
- Choose to learn and grow with good opportunities to enhance your career in health.
- Choose to shine in a dynamic and rewarding environment which provides an optimum work life balance opportunity.
Yarrawonga Health provides a full complement of services for employees and supports a balances lifestyle in the Murray River Region.
- Salary packaging with meals and entertainment and other benefits.
- On-site Café - Fresh meals prepared daily
- Free parking at, and close to the hospital.
- Short-term and overnight accommodation for new and part-time staff, supporting health and wellbeing.
- Employee Assistance Program available to staff and their families.
- Flexible working hours to support work-life balance.
- Well supported training and development programs focused on individual need.
- Team-based work environment
- High-quality facilities and equipment to suit modern rural nursing practice
We are a child safe and equal employment opportunity employer. Applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander peoples and from people from Culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds are encouraged.
PRE EMPLOYMENT SCREENING
All successful applicants will require a police record check and in some instances a Working with Children’s Check is also required for pre-employment safety screening purposes.
The Yarrawonga Health workforce immunisation program has been developed to ensure the safety and protection of both patients and healthcare workers. The potential for health care workers to be exposed to and transmit vaccine preventable diseases such as hepatitis B, influenza, measles, rubella, and pertussis if not immune is high. Maintaining immunity in the healthcare worker population helps to prevent transmission of vaccine preventable diseases to and from health care workers and patients, and is thus a key health and safety prevention initiative to transmission of infection and disease at Yarrawonga Health.
As a new staff member you will be required to complete the staff immunisation survey and provide evidence of immunity, either pathology and/or immunisation results for certain diseases prior to commencing employment. Immunisation/pathology results should be obtained from your GP and/or your previous employer.